Would you like to support Breast Friends?
Donors who give $1,000 or more are eligible for sponsor status. Breast Friends Society acknowledges sponsor support in many public ways through the season, including recognition on our website, banners and training t-shirts.
Please make cheques payable to: Breast Friends Society and mail to PO Box 68080, 162 Bonnie Doon Mall, Edmonton, AB, T6C 4N6.
How does Breast Friends use the money?
Donor funds help to pay for Breast Friends operating costs, which include:
- Training — includes coaching staff and facility rental;
- Purchase and maintenance of equipment, including insurance, storage and transport;
- Festival registration fees;
- Travel subsidies to make attendance at festivals more affordable for members;
- Production of educational materials to promote breast cancer awareness through speaking engagements and information booths.
How can sponsoring Breast Friends benefit you?
- Our Team shirts and banner will display your company’s name at all festivals in which the team participates. The festivals are in Alberta and elsewhere in Canada and are attended by hundreds of spectators.
- Our website will include your company information and a link to your website.
- When Breast Friends Society makes presentations to various businesses and community groups, we will publicly recognize you as a sponsor.
- You will be invited to the Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival (generally held on the third weekend of August) and our annual Breast Friends Paddle and Picnic (in late August or September).
For more information about how you can support Breast Friends, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Breast Friends would also like to thank the numerous organizations and suppliers in our community which provide in-kind support, including:
- Creative Embroidery (clothing)
- Don Wheaton Family YMCA (training facility)
- Eastglen Leisure Centre (training facility)
- Edmonton Dragon Boat Racing Club (boat docking, storage and practice rental)
- Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival Association (festival and Pink Ribbon Challenge race oversight)
- Elite Sportswear (team clothing supplier)
- Nyche Marketing (website hosting and support)
- Sargent Painting (pool boat repair and painting) 3606-98 Street NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 6B4, 780-461-2924
- Sawmill Banquet and Catering Centre (annual dinner and silent auction venue)
- Studio Bloom (flowers for annual dinner and silent auction)
- Burnaby Lake Greenhouse (pink carnations for the flower ceremony) Abbotsford, BC
- Save on Foods (sandwiches and cake for lunch at the Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival) 60 Broadway Boulevard, Sherwood Park
- Theresa Huang, Second Cup (coffee at the Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival) South Edmonton Common
- Christopher Lee, Illustration+Graphic Design (20th anniversary logo design)