Thank you for helping us achieve our goals!
Breast Friends Society is a registered charitable organization governing the Breast Friends Dragon Boat Racing Team of Edmonton.
Our mission is to encourage breast cancer survivors to take back control of their physical and emotional health and learn to trust their bodies again through the sport of dragon boating. Members benefit not only from a rigorous training program but also from the fellowship, support, and encouragement of teammates.
Training begins indoors in February — three times a week for eight months. By May, members have built up enough strength and endurance to face the added challenge of paddling on the river. Racing in three or four dragon boat festivals every year provides an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate all that we have achieved.
With your generosity, Breast Friends can reach out to breast cancer survivors to offer inspiration and hope.
Three Levels Of Sponsorship Are Available. 2023 Information Follows:
- Company logo featured on our Sponsorship T-shirts (worn at festivals and community events)
- Company logo featured on our Sponsorship flag (proudly displayed at festivals)
- Company logo and website link on Breast Friends website, www.breastfriendsedmonton.org
- Opportunity for your staff to participate in a Breast Cancer Awareness Session
- Invitation to try dragon boating at the Family and Friends Paddle Picnic in August.
- Opportunity to try dragon boating at a Corporate Paddle for Partners
- Offer of two complimentary tickets to our annual Gala and Silent Auction in October.
Thank you for considering sponsorship of Breast Friends. If you would like additional information or have questions, please feel free to contact Breast Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For purposes of getting logos onto our tear- drop flag that we proudly display at festivals and onto our ‘sponsor’ shirts, we close the sponsorship year at the end of March. However, we would gratefully accept donations anytime, with acknowledgement the following year.
Breast Friends would also like to thank the numerous organizations and suppliers in our community which support us in a number of ways and provide excellent services:
Life Song Films Inc Christina Monai
Elevate Sports Performance (Dryland trainers)
Edmonton Dragon Boat Racing Club (Coaching, boat docking, storage and practice rental)
Studio Bloom (flowers for annual dinner and silent auction)
Italian Cultural Centre, Edmonton (Site of the Silent Auction and Fundraising Gala)
Yukon Brewing (provided free Beer and Whiskey Tasting at our Gala)